Thursday 20 January 2011

Intricate Paper Frocks !!

This 'Pratt + Paper & Ralph' Pucci Exhibit is Sure to Amaze

'After a long semester of study in texture and form, 50 multidisciplinary Pratt Institute’s School of Art and Design students were challenged to dress Ralph Pucci’s mannequins entirely in paper. The stunning fashion paper works created during this project are now part of an exhibition titled ‘Pratt + Paper & Ralph Pucci,’ available to be viewed in Pucci’s Gallery Nine Showroom .' (Trendhunter.com)


'Furthermore, these paper dresses and sculptural pieces within the ‘Pratt + Paper & Ralph Pucci’ exhibit can also be seen at the displays of some famous stores like Macy´s New York.' (Trendhunter.com)


The textures and form created through just plain paper is absolutely amazing and inspiring. Makes me want so start cutting paper and creating a dress or garment! This reminds me of my final major project for my foundation course when I created garments out of folded paper. I love paper its such a great resource, you can write, draw, colour, dye, change, cut, fold and more on/with it !!
Source & Images from Trendhunter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment